Friday, November 13, 2015

Too Cool For School Egg Mousse Pack

Hello everyone! 

This is my first blog post and first review! I actually bought this about two months ago so I have a solid opinion about this mousse pack. I don't want to take too much of your time so let's just jump right into the review. 

What it does: 
This whipped, meringue-like mousse facial mask enriched with egg white and egg yolk extracts instantly transforms rough, dull skin into a smooth, radiant complexion in as little as five minutes. Egg white extract purifies and brightens, while egg yolk extract leaves skin hydrated and silky smooth. This unique, frothy facial mask deeply moisturizes and enhances the use of other skincare products for beautifully luminous skin.

Directions:
1. Shake well before each use. 

2. Massage a quarter size amount on a clean face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. 
3. Rinse off the product
I use it after I cleanse my face and liberally apply toner afterwards to bring the pH level of my skin back to "normal." Since the pH level is too high for my liking I have used this bi-weekly, or at least I tried. I've use this a total of 5-6 times through out the two months I've had this product. 

pH:
I have read that the pH level of this pack is around a 6-7 from beautyfindsforme. She tested it out for herself using pH strips. Unfortunately for those who care about the pH level this will not be for you. 

If you do not know what this section means, please read snowwhiteandthepear. I love this blogger and she has great information about this! (Definitely subscribe to her blog if you have not already) ;)

Ingredients: 
Water, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, Lauryl Phosphate, Isopentane, Trehalose, Carbon Dioxide, Arginine, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Laureth-1 Phosphate, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Egg Yolk Extract/Extrait De Jaune D'oeuf, Albumen Extract, Dipropylene Glycol, Potassium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Caprylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ppg-3 Caprylyl Ether, Acrylates /C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance.

Butylene Glycol has a 1 acne trigger and carbomer has a 1 irritant trigger according to Cosdna


Texture: 
This product lives up to it's claim of being a mousse! It feels like rubbing shaving cream all over your face. Once you apply the mousse there will be a slight tingly sensation which I enjoy. Within 2-3 minutes most of the product is gone and has sunken to your skin. What's left is this sticky residue that has supposedly pulled out your sebum and impurities. 

Left photo: Just applied                                               Right photo: 2-3 minutes later
Excuse my skin, any who this is the sebum residue. It's slightly shiny and stick.

Performance: 
What's left is this sticky residue that has supposedly pulled out your sebum and impurities. I do have a brighter complexion after use, but it is the slightest difference. My skin felt somewhat tight (from the egg yolk) and my pores looked visibly smaller. However, I don't believe the pores and brightening effect will be a long term. It's a temporary fix. I dislike the pH level and that's why I'm only able to use this product twice a month.
Left photo: Before Egg Mousse Pack                 Right photo: After - slight brightness to the face

Left photo: Before Egg Mousse Pack                 Right photo: After - slight brightness to the face

Rating:
3/5 - This product is just, meh to me. The mousse texture and the tingling sensation is what's keeping me going. Definitely not a Holy Grail item and I'm sure there are other Korean products that would be a better use to me. Overall, if you are looking for a product with egg yolk or egg white I would  recommend to do a DIY egg mask. You'll get fresh nutrients from the egg and it's quick and simple!

1-  Life is terrible
2- Waste of money, don't even try
3- Meh. Just average
4- Pretty dang good! Will repurchase unless I find something better
5- HOLY GRAIL STATUS!

Where to buy: 
$13.70 Amazon (Prime)

$20 Sephora - Please, only buy this from Sephora if you are desperate. They do charge you quite a bit, almost $7 more than Amazon. 

If anyone has a favorite Korean product please let me know down! I would love to try out new products. I hope you guys enjoyed this review, tune in for more! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment