Friday, November 13, 2015

Missha Magic Cushion vs Missha Magic Moisture Cushion

Two post in one day? Wow I am on a roll! (I'm actually procrastinating and I'm not doing homework... I am the queen of procrastination. -.-) I haven't seen too many reviews about the Moisture version, but I thought it would be nice to do a comparison between these two. I've actually own both of these cushions a little over 2 months so I have a solid opinion. I use the cushions 4-5 times a week so I've actually been running out. Any ways let's just jump right into the comparison!

Packaging: 

  • Both contain .5 fl oz versus an average American brand foundation that contains 1 fl oz. 
  • Both have SPF 50 PA+++
  • Different rim color, original is silver while the moisture is gold.


Sidenote: Both of the cushion do not darken and the moisture is super dewy. (Contains flower oil.)

Ingredients: 
                                         (Bold words are acne or irritant triggers.)
Magic Cushion: Water(Aqua). Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glycerin, Peg-8 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Persea Gratissima(Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Xylitol. Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Calophylum Inophylum Seed Oil, Bambusa Vulgaris Water, Cereus Grandiflours (Cactus) Flower Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Adansonia Digitata Fruit Extract, Oxygen, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg - 10/1 Dimethicone, Peg-8, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Silica, Boron Nitride, Peg-32, Dipropylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance(Parfum), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides(Ci 77499) Cosdna

Moisture Cushion: As of right now I do not know the ingredients, but I will update as soon as I find out!
I do know that it contains 3 kinds of flower oil to protect and shield balancing moisture.
Lotus extract, cornflower extract, damask rose extract, primrose oil, safflower seed oil, and sunflower seed oil.

Color:
Both cushions come in two shades no.21 and no.23, for each version I have the color no.23 which is the darkest shade. Regardless of being the "darkest" shade, unfortunately it is still too light. Of course, keep in mind that Korean companies cater to Korean women. Thus, their foundation color range is not very impressive for women of color. It's hard to tell, but the Missha Magic Moisture Cushion has a slight pink undertone (left swatch) while the original version has a slight yellow undertone (right swatch). Once blended out it's somewhat hard to tell, I left a thin line of skin dividing the two color swatches. However, it didn't make much of a difference. (-.-)
Left photo: left swatch-moisture  right swatch-magic cushion      /    Right photo: blended out
      Full face                     Moisture Cushion (New)              Magic Cushion (Original)
Just applied both cushions without any setting powder. The moisture version has more dewy-ness and you can tell on the cheekbone. HIGHLY recommend to set the Moisture Cushion because it's super dewy. With just a swipe of the finger it'll be wiped away. 

Don't worry, setting powder can not contain the dew!

Performance:

         Full face                     Moisture Cushion (New)              Magic Cushion (Original)
Dusted with the a light hand using the Innisfree No Sebum Powder. Right photo: lighting is better
5 hours wear time, the moisture cushion is more dewy and oilier. I actually worked out around 6 p.m this day and took off my makeup earlier than usual. I wore both cushions from 10 a.m- 6 p.m. in total about 8 hours. 
First Impression: (Magic Moisture)
As I've mentioned before I've been using this for 2 months now. The reason why I'm writing a "first impression" is because oddly enough I vividly remember what happened the first couple of times I've used it. When I wore the cushion longer for 6+ hours I got quite a bit of comedones, but I guess my skin has gotten used to it? I still get a couple comedones, but I'm not entirely sure if it's because of this cushion. (It is) Just thought I would let you guys know.

Both Cushions:

  • Easy to use
  • Last 8+ hours
  • Coverage is light to medium, definitely build able. 
  • Cover redness and uneven skin 
  • High SPF 
Difference:
  • Moisture version - contains flower oil and gives a lot of dew to the skin
  • Undertones - original version is yellow while the moisture is pink
  • Cost - on Amazon the price difference is only $0.53 (Is this a deal breaker though? HAHA.)


Price: 
Missha Magic Cushion -$16 Missha Website or $11.90 Amazon

Missha Magic Moisture Cushion - $12.43 Amazon or $8 on Koreadepart (never shopped from this website, however another blogger reviewed the website, nailzcraze.)

Rating:
Missha Magic Cushion: 4/5
   I would love to try out other cushions from different brands, but I might be disappointed because Korean foundations do not have high coverage. They tend to have light to medium coverage, which is fine! However, if I were to buy a high-end cushion for $30+ to still have the same coverage as this cushion, I'll pass. I'm already impressed with this Missha Cushion as of right now. Only time will tell. ;)

Missha Magic Moisture Cushion: 3.5/5 / 2.5/5
   I like this cushion, but this gave me a couple comedones. Not entirely sure if it's this product or another that I have comedones. (I swear I think I've always had comedones..) I am 100% this cushion gave me comedones. I will not be repurchasing this product.

1-  Life is terrible
2- Waste of money, don't even try
3- Meh. Just average
4- Pretty dang good! Will repurchase unless I find something better
5- HOLY GRAIL STATUS!

Final Verdict;
Now that it's the fall and winter season (more like winter in Minnesota), I will be using the rest of my Magic Moisture cushion to give myself some extra hydration to the skin. I don't have a problem with using the original version during this time of the year, however I just want the extra oils on my skin.(Plus I have to use it up.) Overall I actually prefer the Missha Magic Cushion (original), mainly because it has a yellow undertone and suits my skin color a lot better. Although cushions do contain less amount of product than a typical American foundation I will continue to purchase this cushion.

Sidestory:
I recently bought the Maybelline Dewy and Smooth foundation and I've been using it for a week straight. I thought I loved it because it had a satin finish and it was light, but when I swatched my cushions on my face today.... It did not compare! These Missha Cushions are everything to me and they blew the Maybelline foundation away! Something about the finish of the Dewy and Smooth was off, I just love my cushions. Enough of this post, goodnight or good morning to you readers! I'll see you next time! :D


1 comment:

  1. You should see how my friend Wesley Virgin's report starts in this SHOCKING and controversial VIDEO.

    As a matter of fact, Wesley was in the military-and soon after leaving-he revealed hidden, "mind control" secrets that the government and others used to get everything they want.

    These are the exact same methods many celebrities (notably those who "became famous out of nothing") and elite business people used to become rich and famous.

    You've heard that you only use 10% of your brain.

    That's mostly because most of your brain's power is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Maybe this thought has even taken place INSIDE OF YOUR own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head around seven years ago, while riding an unlicensed, trash bucket of a vehicle without a driver's license and with $3 on his debit card.

    "I'm very frustrated with living payroll to payroll! When will I become successful?"

    You've taken part in those types of questions, ain't it so?

    Your own success story is going to happen. All you need is to believe in YOURSELF.

    Learn How To Become A MILLIONAIRE Fast

    ReplyDelete